Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Review: Contaminated

I got this book as an ARC galley in exchange for a review.


ContaminatedContaminated by Em Garner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a story about a young girl struggling to juggle school, work, and taking care of her younger sister in the midst of a huge problem from contaminated proteins in a weight-loss drink. The story was decent. I thought the author spent a bit too much time on the main character's past and all of her memories associated with it. There wasn't so much plot as there was telling about how Velvet was taking care of her Contaminated mother. I started skipping past a lot of the memories just to get to some story. For such an on-edge situation, things moved very slowly in the story. I started liking the last quarter of the book, because a nice guy actually came along for Velvet.

I would recommend this book to people who like dystopian society reads. I personally didn't enjoy the book nearly as much as I was hoping.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment